We designed a mobile metrical installation-laboratory that allows direct and indirect measurements in the area of radiation-ecological control on production and in everyday life.
Specially developed techniques allow:
- • to measure and determine the values of γ-background (absorbed dose in air);
- • to determine the radionuclide composition of the objects, the activity of radionuclides in the environment, the sanitary protection zone and the observation zone of enterprises, organizations;
- • measure and determine the values of α-, β-radiation in the air, as well as determination of pollution by α-, β-particles of the surface of objects (volumetric activity, surface pollution), neutron radiation;
- • to determine the value of air pollution by organic and inorganic dust;
- • measure the equivalent equilibrium volumetric activity of radon isotopes in air of living and working premises in soil and water.
Based on conducted researches and in accordance with the tasks, this device gives recommendations on the formed radiation and chemical situation, and provides the ways of solving for the best result.
It can conduct development of methods for determining the impact of harmful factors on the human body and determine the pollution of the environment, inside production facilities (possible pollution with further development of production, enterprises, etc.) using the methodology of reliability of the results.
The main customers are enterprises whose activities are related to the use of chemical and radioactive substances, as well as their mixtures, including enterprises of the nuclear fuel production (including enterprises of the uranium mining and processing industry, nuclear power plants, etc.), enterprises with radiation-nuclear technologies, radioactive waste management enterprises, medical institutions (including oncology institutes and clinics), radiation-chemical, radiological, clinical-diagnostic, bacteriological, virological, serological and other laboratories, health facilities. As well as enterprises producing oil and gas and other minerals.
Our mobile installation – laboratory designed for:
- Simulation of the conditions of the mine atmosphere, quarries, polluted industrial objects, etc. and conducting a series of measurements of the environmental parameters (such as humidity, dust, radioactive gas radon-222, other sources of ionizing radiation, air temperature), followed by calculations and the use of the developed methodology in order to establish reliable results of the influence of harmful factors (chemical, radiation, including environmental ) on the human and the environment;
- calibration of environmental (radiation and chemical) control devices;
- research on technogenically-enhanced sources of natural origin in everyday life and in production. Determination of the effective specific activity of natural radionuclides such as radium-226, thorium-232, potassium-40, radon-222 (other, including artificial sources of ionizing radiation) in building materials and mineral building materials, natural stone finishing materials, specific activity of natural radionuclides in drinking water, the effective activity of natural radionuclides in mineral fertilizers, products from porcelain, faience, glass and clay, mineral dyes and glazes.
The main customers are enterprises whose activities are related to the use of chemical and radioactive substances, as well as their mixtures, including enterprises of the nuclear fuel production (including enterprises of uranium mining and processing industry, nuclear power plants, etc.).